All products on our supermarket shelves, all start with NPD - New Product Development. This is the term used to describe the process of bringing new products to market.
The product development process generally starts with a concept or an idea. In order to understand if this is a viable option for any business, a number of steps are taken:-
- Concept / Idea / Blue sky thinking
- Market Research
- Product Design (Ingredients, Packaging)
- Feasibility (Technical, Financial, Process)
- Samples (Ingredients, Recipe Development, Costs)
- Product Testing (Sensory Analysis)
- Factory Trials (Process and Production)
- Further Product Testing and Quality Control
- First Production Run
- Product Launch
- Performance and Monitoring
Click here to view Development/NPD roles in UK Food and Drink, which we typically recruit for.
Process Technologist - Worcestershire
This opportunity exists within one of the fastest growing food manufacturers around currently. Their premium products are selling exceptionally well; the retailers love their innovative por…